Triceps workout exercises can aid you in gaining functional movement. Strong triceps are essential for training your other muscle groups. If you have strong triceps, you can easily do heavy exercises like push-ups and chest presses.
Triceps are heavy lifters, and they are essential for almost every upper body movement. Whether you push a door, a stroller, a lawnmower, or a barbell—you’re using your triceps.
The triceps have three different heads: the long head, the lateral head, and the medial head. These tricep heads contract during exercises, but some moves emphasize other parts of the triceps, making it almost essential to develop a workout routine that hits all those muscle fibers from every angle.
Here, you will learn some of those exercises that you can do with or without your total gym accessories. These exercises may help you achieve your desired results if you diligently follow your workout routine.
- To start exercising, the first and foremost thing to do is to warm up. Wormed-up mussels can easily contract during the exercise, causing you a minimal workout. This way, you can focus on your workout routine for much longer than you usually would.
- Also, remember that the triceps workout is usually different from the overall body workouts in how they perform and affect your body. You want to focus on the triceps muscles in the first place, as they are a stand-alone system. Also, because of that, you don’t want to focus on the other muscle group during your tricep workout session.
- The number of exercises you do depends on the state of exercise you are in. For example, if you are a beginner, you don’t want to opt for long workout routines as they will stress you out like nothing else. If you are already a gym buff, you want to aim for the three sets of 10-12 reps of each exercise. You can begin with weights, and after that, you can increase the weights gradually.
Best Triceps Workout Exercises for Building Muscle
Now, when you know all of the important things, let’s start with introducing the exercise number first, which is:
The hardest triceps exercise that you can do is the diamond push-up exercise. You will require tremendous upper body strength to complete this exercise.
Let’s Do The Diamond Push Ups
- You can start by positioning your hands on the mat directly under the chest. Then, spread your fingers and the thumbs and forefingers, touching the mat and making a diamond shape.
- Then, place the legs into a plank position. You can also keep the knees on the floor. Ensure your back stays flat and keep your abs engaged as you bend the elbows. Slowly lower down your body until your chin or chest touches the mat. Try to go as low as you can.
- Keep your elbows intimate to your sides at the bottom movement.
- Now press back to start. During this movement, try to keep your torso rigid and repeat for 1 to 3 and set off 8 to 16 reps.
Yet another most effective and challenging exercise is the triceps dips. After the exercise, you will feel an instant stretch in your mussels. Depending on the position of your feet, you can raise or bring down the difficulty of your feet. For example, if you want to improve the problem of exercise, simply extend your feet. For the exercise, you will need a chair as the chair will be your prop for the exercise. Ensure to keep your shoulders down and away from the ears and if you have any discomfort during the shoulder, skip the exercise.
Here is How You do Triceps Dips
- Begin with sitting on a chair or bench with your hands just outside the hips. Keep your knees bent, or the legs extended straight out.
- Lift up onto the hands while keeping your hips close to the chair or bench. Bend your elbows and lower down until they’re at about 90 degrees.
- Keep your elbows close but pointing behind you, the shoulders down, and keep your abs engaged.
- Push back to begin and repeat for 1 to 3 sets of 8 to 16 reps.
Please ignore this exercise if you feel any pain in the shoulders.
Single Arm Kickback
It is the best resistance band tricep workout if you are a beginner or even a master. To begin with the exercise, you will need a resistance band of any strength according to your comfort.
Doing the kickback
Dock your resistance band to a low point, but keep it just above the ground. Then step back from the anchor, so the band is pulled tight in the starting position. Keep your feet about hip-width apart, and knees slightly bent, and your hips shooting back. Try to keep your back straight and bent over in the starting position. Choose the arm you want to do the exercise with.
- If you are doing the right arm, let the band come directly towards that side, so your legs and body will be just left to the anchor point. With your right arm at 90 ˚, your forearm is perpendicular to the floor, extended.
- When you are in full extension, try to raise your hand as high as possible without rotating your shoulders. This will allow you to get a maximum contraction in your triceps.
- Then, lower your forearm so it is perpendicular to the floor again, then kick your forearm back and up again. Repeat the same step for 10-15 reps, then do the same for the opposite arm.
Building tricep strength is essential in order to train for the other muscle groups. For some movements, you will need the elbow extension. If you are just starting out in triceps workout exercises, you can easily overdo a tricep workout. Use lighter weights and add intensity as you build fitness. Consult a healthcare professional before you begin a new workout to make sure it will stay safe and effective for you. For a safe and effective workout, you need effective workout equipment and a seller of them. And for you, we have found one. Fit Strength is your online fitness gear store, where you can buy all your favourite equipment.