Under this specific Australian visa, you can be part of the skilled Australian workforce with the help of the recruitment of an international pool of talent. This process ensures that Australian workers are the first preference. There are specific criteria that you must fulfil to acquire the TSS 482 Visa.
But, the essential thing about this visa is that you need to be sponsored by an approved business or need to be nominated under an eligible occupation. In this guide, you will learn some essential things before applying for a temporary skill shortage visa.
You can apply under this specific stream if a business in Australia sponsors you for an occupation listed in the STSOL or Short-term Skilled Occupation List. But as a rule, you can only hold one of these temporary visas as the main applicant.
There are further streams under this visa stream:
- Under this visa, you can work in Australia in a certain position for two years
- You can also work for four years in case of an international trade obligation.
The cost of this specific Australian visa is around AUD1150. You can only renew the visa once under this stream when you stay in Australia.
If an employer wants to sponsor you in an occupation listed under the MLTSSL or ROL, you can opt for this stream. Under this Australian stream, you can do the following:
- You can work in Australia for around four years
- You can apply for this visa as many times as you want
The visa under this stream costs around AUS2400. You can take the help of a migration agent if you have doubts regarding this specific stream.
Labour Agreement Stream
If a specific Australian employer has labour agreements with Australia’s Home Affairs Department and wants to sponsor you, you can apply under this visa stream.
What Are the Eligibility Criteria for the Applicant?
For this Australian visa, you need to meet specific criteria, and they are as follows:
- You must have at least two years of work experience in your chosen occupation
- You need to have a sanctioned nomination by an eligible sponsor
- You are required to finish qualification prerequisites or any type of skills assessment
- You need to have legal English proficiency evidence by fulfilling the minimum language requirements
- You must meet the other conditions and requirements that will apply to your visa application
- You are also required to fulfil specific character and health requirements
- You also need to fulfil the requirements of individual streams under this visa.
For the short-term stream, you are required to fulfil the GTE or Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
What Are the Eligibility Criteria for the Nominating Employees?
If you are an Australian employer, then to sponsor an international applicant to fill a certain skilled position, you need to:
- You must be legally operating your business in Australia
- You must have a standard business sponsorship
- You must pay the sponsorship fees, which are around AUD420
The sponsorship will be available for around five years from the approval date. If you want to nominate an international employee for specific occupations in MLTSSL or STSOl, you need to do the following:
- Submit a legal employment contract
- Pay a salary that is not less than or more than the TSMIT for the occupation
- Specify the period and location of the job in the employer nomination
- You must provide proof of labour market testing
- You need to pay a fee that is close to AUD330.
Requirements for the English Language
The English language requirement under this specific stream is five bands or equal, with an overall of no less than 4.5 in every module. For the medium-term stream, it is five bands or an equal overall with nothing less than 5 in each of the modules.
Requirements for Health and Character
You, along with your family members who are included in the Temporary Skill shortage visa subclass 482 need to:
- Fulfil the need for health by providing proper medical certificates that are obtained within a year of visa lodgement.
- Satisfy character requirements by providing police clearances and character certificates.
482 Visa Checklist
You need to provide the following documents for your visa application:
- Passport/ID: It is important that you have a valid passport when you apply for this specific visa. You can also have other identification documents ready for the Department of Home Affairs to see.
- Experience/Qualifications: You must provide documents that prove your skills, qualifications and experience. You can also submit registration or licensing proofs, certain awards, certificates, previous employer references, etc.
- Skills evaluation documents: Depending on your visa stream, you might need to submit a skill evaluation report. If this is necessary, you need to attach it to your visa application, or you will not be granted the temporary skill shortage visa.
- English proficiency proof: You must show proof that you have met the minimum requirements for English language proficiency.
- Health insurance: It is important that you have valid health insurance during the time you reside in the country.
- Proof of good character: To prove that you are an individual of good character, you are required to submit form 1221 and form 80 other than the rest of the documents.
You can take the aid of an Immigration agent if you are unsure about the requirements of this visa or do not know how to fill up the visa application. If you are a skilled worker looking to find a job in Australia, the temporary skill shortage visa is the right visa for you. You can search online for the best migration agent Adelaide to help you in this process.
Also Read: Smart Solutions to Avoid Scams